New opportunities to get involved arise all the time at Home & Community Options, Inc. If you have some free time and are the type of person who would love to give back to a great organization, consider partnering with us today!
Here are just a few of the many different ways you can help make a difference with HCO:
- Social companionship to the individuals we provide services to in or outside of their home
- Providing learning opportunities for our staff by providing training in different life areas (how to do laundry, how to load and unload a dishwasher)
- Assisting in a variety of ways with our agency musical
- Cooking meals, laundry, assisting with light household cleaning
- Helping with setup, breakdown, and audiences at live events
- Assisting with light gardening during the spring and summer months
- Keep various spreadsheets up to date or light bookkeeping
- Filing, making copies, light paper and digital correspondence, etc.
- Updating file descriptions in archives
- Proofing or lightly editing documents
- Stuffing envelopes and addressing mailings
Home and Community Options is proud to offer a wide array of internship opportunities and field experiences to students attending local college campuses. Recent past internships have included:
- Creative Writing
- Health Relations
- Human Resources
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Recreation Tourism/Therapeutic Recreation
- Social Work
- Special Education
- and many more!